It is the symbol of Taormina. The fountain Minotaur located in Piazza Duomo, also known as the 4 fountains. Built-in 1635 by the sculptor Giovanni Angelo Montorsoli. One of the few fountains where still flowing water, fresh and good.
Its name comes from the four columns, each with a seahorse on the top. The water used to pour from their mouth. Today only one is functional. Other people say that the name comes from the four city citizens who order its construction: Vincenzo Spuches, Vincenzo Cacopardo, Geronimo Mena, Cesare Cipolla. Good water!